Friday, June 12, 2009

Men are from Mars- especially when they're sick.

I've had the plague. OK, not the plague but the flu. I think it was the H1N1 flue but I could be wrong. All I know is that one hour I was at an afternoon get together with a group of friends and the next I was running a 100 degree fever and feeling like I had been run over by a truck.
6 days later, I am just now starting to feel like I might survive and may want to. I have coughed so much and so hard over the last few days that I may have a broken rib. It's been awful!

Feeling that bad reminded me of the great differences between men and women when they're sick. Here are a couple of things that came to me this week.

1. No matter how sick a woman is, her man will still want her! Yep, no shower, baggy sweats, snotty nose and a cough like an 80 year old smoker and I still looked hot to him. Must have been the 100 degree fever!!!! Flattering now but at the time, not so much!

When a man gets sick, that's not the first thing that a woman thinks of, in fact it's not even the last. Personally, it would never occur to me! Stay away, I don't want to catch whatever you have.


2. When a woman gets sick, the world continues to spin out of control as it does every single day! Sick or not, there are still things that have to be done like taking the dog to the vet, doing the dishes, making sure there are clean socks for everyone, and cooking food so that you and the rest of the family doesn't starve to death. Remember that starve a cold is an old wives' tale!
When a man gets sick, the whole world must slow down and begin to revolve closely around his needs and bed.Generally, women are easy patients. That is probably because there is no one to take care of you when you're sick so we go easy on ourselves.

Generally, men are horrid patients. They expect someone to wait on them hand and foot and commiserate with them about how badly they feel. They want fluffed pillows, the tv remote and every one of their favorite foods.

They will also tell us to be thankful that we didn't get sick too. What?!!!! You got it from us when we were sick last week and you still thought we were looking hot!!!

1 comment:

The Crazy Coxes said...

So agree with you on this one!!! What is it with sick men?