Sunday, August 9, 2009

Photo of the Day #9- Hummingbird and fiery sunset!


It was the perfect evening here in Colorado. The hummingbirds were buzzing all around and the sunset made the mountains look like they were on fire. This broad-tail posed for the perfect shot capturing this sunset.

We've had broad-tail hummingbirds since mid June this year, with 2 pairs that raised babies in our pine trees. The Calliope hummingbirds came in July. They're my favorite because they are so tiny and will land on your hand to feed. The Rufous hummingbirds arrived 2 weeks ago to stir up trouble and fights. I love summer evenings like these.

For more great photos, check out the other participants in the Photo of the month that Megan has going on, at The Bryon Life.

4 comments:

Kat said...

This is a really lovely photo. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I didn't actually use a pattern for this skirt. What I did was cut a strip that was my waist measurement by 4 inches wide that I folded over and used as my waistband. The skirt part was then 1 3/4 of my waist measurement gathered up and attached to the waistband. Then I added the zipper and it was all done. It is super easy. You can make the skirt part smaller aswell if you don't want it to be us poofy as mine.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful. I love hummingbirds. I used to have a bunch in my backyard when I lived in Ohio. Now all I get are ravens and seagulls here in Alaska LoL

Jo-Jo said...

What beautiful pics! I just love to watch the birds by my home, and those hummingbirds are so fast!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a gorgeous photo. I love it.

I love Colorado too. One of my favourite places in the world. My good friends live in Conifer.