First of those power cords for your cell phone, iPods and bluetooth devices.
- Find a small basket that you like the look of. I got mine in the dollar bin at one of my favorite stores.
- Remove one of the horizontal weavers going around the basket. I clipped mine with a pair of scissors in a couple of spots and then un-wove the small pieces. This leaves a nice band of small holes to stick the chargers through.
- Plug the chargers in and stick the charger ends out the holes in the basket.
- Wind the middles of the cords up and stick them into the basket.
- Top the basket with a cloth napkin or piece of cloth. I used an elastic band to hold it into a nice shape so that when I need to take it off, I can pop it back on and it stays in the shape I wanted.
Now onto the cord you need for your computer. I'm talking about the USB cords that you use to connect your phone, your iPod, or your video camera to your computer. This thumb drives or any cord that doesn't stay connected to your computer that you need to use with it. You know, those ones you can never find. Here's how I keep them handy and contained.
- Get a 5 to 6 inch strip of self adhesive velcro. You are only going to use the hook strip, that's the side with the sharp hooks not the fuzzy loop side. You can see the gray strip in this picture.
- Adhere the hook tape to the top of your computer tower. If you only have a laptop then find a spot like the inside of the knee well of your desk, the side of your desk or the inside of a drawer. Just find a spot close to your computer.
- Now get yourself some of these handy dandy velcro cord ties. I like the multi colored sets but you can get them in all one color or black as well. Once you get them, you'll find all sorts of other uses for them. The velcro ties have the hooks on one side and the loops on the other side.
- Wrap the cords up with the velcro ties leaving the soft fuzzy loops to the outside.
- The ties just stick to the strip you put on your computer, keeping all of your cords neat, tidy, and right where you need them. You'll never have to hunt down a cord again.
Have a great week!