Expiration dates — beginning from the time you first open these products
- Pressed powder cosmetics: face powder, blush and eyeshadow should be thrown out after one year.
- Cream shadows: 12 to 18 months
- Liquid Foundation: 1 year if you use a sponge or applicator. If you use your finger ont he top of the bottle then 6 months
- Wand Applicator foundation- 6 months
- All Natural cosmetics should be discarded after 6 months because they do not contain any preservatives.
- Lipstick and lipliner: 1 year
- Mascara and eyeliners: 3 months - WHAT!!!!!
- Blue Eye Shadow- Throw away the 70's are over!
- If you get any kind of an eye infection, you should discard any eye makeup that you have used to prevent reinfecting yourself.
- Never Share Your Makeup!!!
Makeup sponges: Replace weekly, or when sponge becomes soiled
When you use your makeup, you expose it to bacteria on your hands and face and this bacteria can grow and thrive in your makeup which really can be harmful, especially if used around your eyes.
Here's what I did:
Have fun cleaning out your makeup!