Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Fragments- Summer's speeding by!

I can't believe that it's the end of July. Where in the world has the summer gone? I will tell you that the pile on my dining room table is an indication of how close to school we're getting. The larger the pile the closer to school.

The dining room  table is the college staging area for our youngest daughter. Her roommate had better like pink. Between all the pink and the Disney items, you'd think I was sending her off to elementary school not college. I commented on that last night and she said when it comes to decorating, she's still a 12 year old girl.

Did you see Jersey Shores last night? It's one of those shows that's a train wreck. You don't really want to watch but you have to. I find it horrifying and hilarious all at the same time. 

I made zucchini bread and pumpkin bread last night. I had a slice of each toasted up for breakfast, they're so good!!!!!  

I really need to dig out my knitting now that fall is within reach. I don't really knit during the summer for some reason. I have been looking at patterns to see what I'm going to work on. I do have a couple of mittens to finish up and 4 babies to make something for. All boys so I'm thinking hats. Any ideas?

A friend of mine just got back from Cambodia where their son has been for 2 years on a mission. Her post about picking him up made me cry.  Just thinking about how she felt hugging him after not seeing him for 2 years just makes me weepy. Head on over to her blog to cry for yourself.


I've got to get better about cooking for 2 people. It's just not as fun or as easy as cooking for a group. It's also hard to cut down recipes. I keep ending up with way too many leftovers.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love the pile of pink!
Garrett's staging area is in the workout room.
Trammell's staging area is in an extra bedroom.
What a mess!

Do NOT mention that Fall is coming. I am so not ready!

gayle said...

I don't want school to start!! I'm not ready!! Freeze your left overs!! or send them my way:)