We now have 338,000 signed up. You can sign up at www.armyofwomen.org. Members are then contacted via E-blast to participate in groundbreaking, breast cancer prevention research studies. They can either sign-up for the studies online, or if they do not qualify, they are encouraged to forward the information to a friend or family member. Every woman over 18 is welcome to participate, whether a breast cancer survivor or someone never affected. In many breast cancer research studies, recruiting women is the biggest obstacle, and our innovative program is working to virtually eliminate this hurdle.
The goal is to recruit one million healthy women of every age and ethnicity, including breast cancer survivors and women at high-risk for the disease, to partner with breast cancer researchers and directly participate in the research that will eradicate breast cancer once and for all.
- To challenge the scientific community to expand its current focus to include breast cancer prevention research conducted on healthy women.
- There is absolutely NO COST to join and take part in something this important. We are not asking for donations, just for women to sign up and agree to hear about studies. Participation in any of the studies is ALWAYS, COMPLETELY voluntary.
- Participants will be involved in important research to discover THE CAUSE of breast cancer–how to stop it before it starts.
- You have the ability to participate only in those projects that interest them. You can opt to decline any study invitation, or accept any invitation of their choosing.
- Current Projects: You can familiarize yourself with our current studies, what they require and what they are looking by reviewing our current, open studies here: www.armyofwomen.org/current
- Type of commitment: Studies require a variety of different things (women can be asked anything from filling out an online questionnaire to being asked for a blood sample). It varies according to the type of study.