The Tuscany region of Italy is known for it's olive oils, pecorino cheeses and their red wines. They also use lots of tomatoes and cannellini beans in their dishes. I decided to make a dish with these items and a few others. It's a quick and easy one pot meal that is ready in under 30 mins and good for you. What more can you ask for on a busy weeknight?!
- 3 TBS extra vergin olive oil
- 1- 12 oz bag of frozen tortellini- thawed
- 1- onion sliced thinly
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs
- 1- 9oz package of frozen artichoke hearts- thawed (optional- if you don't like artichokes skip them)
- 1- 15 oz can of cannellini beans or white kidney beans- drained and rinsed
- 1- 14.5 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1- 10-14 oz bag of pre-washed, pre-trimmed Kale
- In a really large pan, over medium to medium high heat add 1 1/2 TBS of the olive oil and the thawed tortellini and brown them slightly.
- Remove tortellini from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onions to the pan and saute the onions until translucent and slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and Italian Herbs and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the kale, tomatoes, cannellini beans and the artichokes to the pan and stir for 1 minute
- Add the tortellini and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir until kale is cooked about 1-2 mins more.
- Remove from heat and serve!