When we grill, I always grill some extra vegetables or meat for another meal. Grill while the grill is hot!! Last week I grilled stuff for that dinner, fennel for a pizza I wanted to make and some extra vegetables for this salad.
In addition to the grilled corn for this salad, I added some grilled zucchini and some cherry tomatoes. I had some feta so I threw some of that in and topped it all off with a light vinaigrette. It would have been great with some blue cheese crumbles instead of the feta and with some fresh basil chopped up but I was out!
- The kernels cut off of 4- 6 ears of grilled or cooked corn
- 1 zucchini cooked and cut up into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves- Optional
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta or blue cheese
Dressing- This dressing is a play on my good friend Kathy's. She makes this dressing with 2 TBS sugar for spinach and strawberry salad and it's delicious. I cut the sweetness for this corn salad but it is a great salad dressing recipe!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 dash of hot sauce- like Cholula
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Whisk all ingredients together and pour over the salad. This can be done ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld together.