We always have this on Easter to usher in berry season and is one of our favorite spring & summer treats. It's so fast and easy to mix up and bake. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS baking powder
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup or a microwavable container- microwave 1 cup of butter for 60 seconds or until melted. I leave the sticks in the wax paper and micriwave it that way. No spatters and you just have to pull them out when it's melted. Easy and no mess.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder
- Stir in the milk and vanilla then the melted butter and mix well. There may be a few small lumps but just leave them. Don't over stir!
- Pour batter into a greased pan and bake in the preheated oven until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Baking Times:
- For a 9x13 or cupcakes- 25 to 30 minutes
- For jelly roll pan- or 20 mins f.