Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kids poking, prodding, snooping and shaking their gifts under the tree?





I got so tired of my kids all pulling their presents out from under the tree and trying to figure out what was in each one that I decided a few years ago to stump them by not using gift tags to clue them into which packages were theirs. I now use a different wrapping paper for each of my kids.
Without names on the packages, the kids don't know which ones are theirs and they don't snoop as much. I think it is because their name is not right there teasing and tempting them.

Big Hint Here-Make sure to to write down which paper is for which kid. One year I had a total brain freeze and forgot which wrapping paper was for which kid. After shaking, poking and prodding, which really was what I was trying to avoid in the first place, I ended up having to unwrap one gift from each paper to figure out who got which gifts. To remind myself of who gets what, I tape a small piece of their assigned wrapping paper next to their name on a piece of notebook paper. Now if I can just remember where I put that piece of paper.....
Try it and see if it works for you!

No comments: