Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Birds

The week before Easter I heard terrible squawking on my front porch. It was 2 house wrens that nest on my front door every year. Well because Easter was late this year, when they got arrived, I still had my egg wreath up on the doors. They like my forsythia wreath to nest in. I quickly took the wreaths off and got their nesting wreath up on the door. They had a nest built within 24 hours, in the cute spot on the wreath. 12 days ago they laid 3 little speckled eggs in their nest. Last night they hatched. Little fuzzy baby birds. They are still ugly I will admit but in a few days they will be adorable. I promise I'll post cute bird pictures as they grow.

Today we discovered 2 more nests in the back yard. One is another wren nest under our deck in a perfect location. You can lay down on the deck and look through a big space between 2 boards right into the next which is about 8 inches down. I can't wait to watch them grow. The other is in a pillar that holds up our deck. I haven't seen the momma yet to see what kind of birds they are.

It will be so fun to watch them grow over the next 2 to 3 weeks before they fly the nest.

No comments: