Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Week from Hell and Dragons!

This really is the week from hell. It started out, Saturday, with a business dinner at our house which meant that the house had to be spotless.Sunday was Mother's Day and 2 of my kids and 2 "extra kids" made lunch for me and only the youngest child knows her way around the kitchen. You can imagine how quiet, peaceful and relaxing that was. The food however turned out great and was delicious.
Monday, I hosted a brunch for one of my prayer groups. Tuesday, I spent the morning with a friend of mine making an amazing dragon for the school after prom which will be held from 12 midnight to 4am on Sunday morning. You see, WE ARE INSANE and in a moment of weakness, we agreed to be in charge of all the food for that event. Not only do we have to figure out how to feed 1000 kids on a budget of $1500, we also have to decorate the food and eating areas within that same budget. Yep, that is why we were building a 3' by 4' dragon in my garage. Note; we didn't really need to build a dragon but we decided that if we were going to do it, we were going to go all out.
OK, it could also be because a small part of us wants to be a show off and have everyone else be jealous of how amazing our area looks. Hopefully, it will look as great at school as it does in my garage and we will survive the process long enough to see it.

No comments: