Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am Joining in on The Un Mom's Random Tuesday's!!

randomtuesday

Why is it that some men, my husband, want things done immediately? Last week we dropped his laundry off at the cleaners on the way to the airport. He was gone until Friday. Everyday he asked if I had picked up the laundry yet. He can't wear the clothes until Sat. so why did it matter when i got it as long as I did before I picked him up. I just don;t make a trip to do one thing. I wait until I have a number of things to do in an area then run all the errands at the same time where he will go mail one letter come home then later go out to do another errand. I think it is a waste of time but what can you do???

I could not get out of bed this morning. I was up until 1am waiting for the teen daughter to get in from a going away party for one of her friends. Her friend, Janelle, is the Miss Outstanding Teen for Colorado and is leaving for the national competition in Orlando. If any could hand pick a girl to represent an outstanding teen it would be her. She is sweet, kind, moral and very very intelligent. I really hope that she wins. Normally even when I stay up late, I am up and ready for the day by 7:30 at the latest. I woke up at 7:30 but couldn't climb out of my nice warm cozy bed until 9:45. I just laid there and watched the History channels new show about a pawn shop in Las Vegas.

I need to be reading more. I have only finished 40 books so far this year and I was hoping to make it to 75 by December 31. I don't know if I'm going to make it. I've only found a handful of great ones so far. I really liked The Septembers of Shiraz: A Novel (P.S.) by Dalia Sofer and Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks, the best laugh was We're Just Like You, Only Prettier : Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle by Celia Rivenbark. I love Celia's books they are all short stories so it's really easy to pick up and read for a bit. I did find it hard to read on an airplane because I kept laughing out loud. If you've ever lived in the south it's even funnier.

I just got a bad scare. As my daughter was pulling out of the garage there was a car parked in our driveway. No one was in it and we'd never seen it before. I looked in the car and didn't recognize anything in it. Of course my mind goes to the worst case scenarios; there is a man hiding in my back yard, a thief robbing someone's house nearby. Ok, I admit to a half glass full view of this situation. So I called the non-emergency number of the sheriff's department and as I am reading off the license plate number a workman from my neighbor's house comes walking up to the car to get a drink out of it. In very limited English he explains he parked there because there was no room in my neighbor's driveway. There is a 1/4 mile empty street to park in where he wouldn't have scared the crap out of us!!!!!!!!! Why would you park in someone elses driveway???????

No comments: