Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's Household assignments- Go Explore

The assignment for this week is to go out and become a tourist in your own town. Unless you are living in the outback, for most of you, there is some historical site or "touristy" site within a 45 minute drive of your house. Have you been there?

Last weekend we headed up to a wedding in Fort Collins. Along the highway is a place called Johnson's Corner. It's a truck stop on I-25 that's been there since the 1950's. You see signs for it all along the interstates through Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado. Had we ever stopped before, nope. But now I can say that we did and their world famous cinnamon rolls are as good as the signs say. Great food and a fun place that we'd passed by hundreds of times. It'll be a regular stop from now on.


Photo from the Johnson's Corner Website

Take the time this week to stop and check out someplace new, right in your own town.

I can't wait to hear what you find right in your own "backyard"!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Good idea! There are a lot of places around here that I need to visit. I bet tourists visiting my area know more about the attractions than I do and I've lived here my whole life!

Mrs4444 said...

This is a great idea. When we moved to NY, we discovered some fantastic hiking trails in the Adirondacks that locals didn't even know about. I should do this...