A couple of weeks ago, my son, Tom, called and said he'd seen some rice treats with Oreo cookies chopped up in them and asked if I could make them. I did and they were amazing!!!!
I took the traditional rice cereal treat recipe and added chopped up oreos.
1- 10oz bag of marshmallows
3 TBS butter- I never add the butter but my friend Gina does because everything's better with butter.
6 cups of crispy rice cereal
15- oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped into 4ths or 6ths.
- Chop or break the cookies into quarters or sixths.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with vegetable spray.
- Spray a large microwaveable bowl with vegetable spray (Pam)
- Add the bag of marshmallows (and butter if you're using it) and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes- stir, and microwave for another 30 to 90 seconds until it is all melted and smooth when you stir it.
- Pour the cereal and the cookie pieces into the bowl of melted marshmallows
- Stir until it's all combined.
- Press into the greased 9x13" pan and let harden for 30 minutes- we never wait!! We love eating it while it's all warm and gooey!