Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Tuesdays!!!! Christmas was fun!

After a long fall I feel like I can blog again!! Not only that but what better time to start back up that on 1/11/11 at 1:11!!!!
A lot has been going on the last few months. My youngest headed off to college. She loves it and we are loving being empty nesters. It's nice to go where we want when we want and eat what we want again.

The only thing I do miss is having someone to hang out with in the evenings. My hubby is an early to bed guy- When we dated, he used to drop me off by 11pm. He likes to go to bed between 7 and 8pm and get up between 3 to 4am  and I like to go to bed between 11 and 12 or 1am and get up between 7 to 8am!! When we were first married I would go to bed with him and then sneak out. Now I go up to read with him and then leave once he is tucked in. It works for us! It's just not as much fun making fun of people on TV by yourself!

I started working. Perfect job doing video editing for a market research company. I work from home but the hours are either perfect or hell. For now it's great and helps bring home the bacon. I just wish the company was a bit more organized and would plan the work flow better.

I actually got Aaron's Christmas stocking finished. It was close but it was hung by the chimney with care.

Christmas was amazing!!!! We celebrated on the 27th once Laura and her husband Mike got here. As my youngest said, " Christmas is in here (tapping her heart) not here (tapping her watch)" Corny but true!!! We have a Christmas Eve tradition of eating fondue in the family room while we open presents. Here are a few pictures from the evening.




 
We had so much fun that week, we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt and ate a lot of cookies. As my oldest. Laura, said on her blog  I may have gone overboard with the cookies!!! We played a ton of games from Nerts to a really fun trivia game called Bezzerwizzer. Horrible name- really fun game!!
We spent 2 days at the cabin where there was actually a little bit of snow, spent time with friends, shot a lot of guns and all around had a blast. It was so nice having all of them home for the week and being all together. I miss spending time with all of them. We also had a wonderful time getting to know Tom's, girlfriend, Aaron (yes, Gina, I spelled it right). She's amazing and we can't wait for some wedding bells sometime this year. No pressure, they brought it up not me!!!!

Now that the older kids have headed home I'm thinking that Seattle is just way to far away!

My new favorite app for my iPhone is the one I used to take the Christmas pictures posted above.
It's called Hipstomatic- With a swipe of the finger, you can change your lens, flash, or film. Each adds a unique touch to your HipstaPrint. You can mix and match to get the look and feel you want. I love the retro feel of them. So cool man!

Head on over to The Unmom and get random yourself!
randomtuesday

No comments: