Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bad License photos, Biting and 50!

I'm not the only random person in my family. Here's my son's new driver's license picture.

Yep, he intentionally grew a mustache and shaved it to look like this just for his driver's license? He's guaranteed to never get a warning, if he's pulled over, with this pic.  I'm so proud!! His girlfriend wasn't quite as thrilled since she had to hang out with him for a few days as it was growing in to look like this. He did shave it off as soon as he got back from the DMV. He only wanted to look creepy for the picture not in real life.

Over the holidays my daughter, Sarah, and I were driving down our street and we passed another car. It was being driven by the younger sister of one of her best friends. Sarah turned to me and said, "You know, she's really nice now that she doesn't bite!" I laughed so hard. This girl is 17 and hadn't bitten anyone in at least 10 years. You can't say Sarah doesn't forgive...the forget part, not so much! 

I am trying to shoot a picture a day with my camera. I'm failing horribly. I end up taking any old shot at 11:30 at night just to take one. I really need to set aside some time each day to do this.

I forgot to mention last week that I had another birthday. I actually had a big birthday. I turned 50!!!  2 weeks ago. I really don't feel any different and it really hasn't been any big deal. I will say that I don't feel 50. It's very weird. I still feel like I'm in my 20's or 30's then I look int he mirror and wonder who the old lady is. You are only as old as you feel. I'll keep telling myself that! I do wonder what I am going to be when I grow up........ I might need to work on that. Time's running out.

Head on over to The Unmom and get random yourself!
randomtuesday

7 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Time is NOT running out! You have time for two or three careers! Look at our husbands!

Tom, Tom, Tom! That is really creepy!

Acorn to Oak said...

Happy Birthday! I'm with you...I feel like I'm in my 20's or 30's too...with a lot more wisdom, of course. I turned 49 yesterday and that number sure sounds and looks weird!!!

Liz Mays said...

That is so funny that she didn't forget about the biting, and yes, he did get the creepy look down! LOL

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I'm still laughing at your son and your daughter. Between the pic and the biter forgiveness program, that's entertainment.

Happy I Don't Feel 50th! And Happy RTT.

Martha said...

Thanks for stopping by. Three girls how did you/do you survive? The past two days have just about put me over the edge, in fact I did have a mini meltdown!

I'm doing a 365 project too... tried last year, but failed. I laugh when you said you taken any old thing at 11:30 at night... been there done that!

Happy Belated Birthday!

gayle said...

Glad you liked turning 50. Hope you day was happy. Your kids sound great!

Raven said...

'Now that she doesn't bite.' That's hilarious!

Happy Belated Birthday! Age is just a number, it means nothing. I turn 40 in a couple years and can't imagine I'll feel any different than I feel now, at least in my heart and mind. Now my body is a whole other issue!!

Besides, my grandma turned 80 this year and she's still going strong-and in better shape than I am!