In the fall there are two things I crave, pumpkin and cinnamon. This recipe combines them both deliciously. I doctored up my regular pancake recipe, which has been in my family for generations, with pumpkin and spices to make these nice light fluffy pancakes. There's nothing worse than a heavy dense pancake! I highly recommend serving it with our Cinnamon Syrup Recipe!
Click here for a printable version of this recipe!
- 2 cups of all- purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of pumpkin- I prefer Libby's Pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 TBS vegetable oil or melted butter
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the milk, egg, pumpkin and the oil or butter until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Don't over stir!!!!
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle or frying pan and serve.